Saturday, November 5, 2011

Brendan's Poems ( I love them so much)

For those of you who don't know Brendan writes poems they are amazing!!! I love them so so so much! These are the ones he has written for me they are no in order from when he gave them to me but they are still so good. I hope you enjoy :) 

A Testimony (Sent to me on Skype)

A testimony for my wife,

The Lord and Savior gave his life,
Each day as we gather for prayer,
Surely you can know he is there,
Talking us through the hardest day,
I know he will show us the way,
Making the path narrow and straight,
Open passage when we are eight,
Now TOGETHER we follow true,
Years on the path our Savior drew.

Owen (While we were Skyping one night)

Once there was a girl
Who sent me on a whirl
Each day she treats me right
Now she'll be dressed in white

Poem For You (after I had begged him forever to write me another poem)

Pondering on your beautiful smile 
Only one, for which I'd walk a mile
Eager to see the glee in your eyes
Making me warm like the summer skies

Freeing me from the pain in my past 
Opening up a love that will last 
Ready I am to promise to you 

Years upon years of unending blue 
Open your eyes and there we will see 
Unending blue smiling back with Glee 

If Only They Knew (Sent of facebook, I believe this one is the first one he wrote me)

I've begun to see the light 
From the darkness of the night

Opened my eyes, cracked a smile 
Now I'm sure it'll stay awhile 
Looking forward instead of back 
You my girl, you have the knack'

To bring light into my life
Haul away the strain and the strife
Even out a harder day 
You my girl, you have the way 

Keep you close I always will 
Now the world it seems so still
Every day, I'll say it's true 
Witney, (I truly) love you 
            Lasley, I 

I Can't Sleep  (Sent to me through a text one of those nights that I really needed a pick me up)  

In a perfect world of love 

Cheering angels from above
Aid heartbroken, lonely, sad
Normal people for our dad
Teaching those who need a hand

Stepping near us in the sand 
Lord, our Savior, knows the path 
Easing us from daily wrath 
Eager to give, help and hold 
Pulling us in from the cold.

A Girl Named Witney


I once met a girl named Witney
and then one day it just hit me
I'd love her for life
I'd make her my wife
I'd forever have her with me

The Only One 

As I continue day by day
there's only one to whom I'd say
I love you I forever will
I'll love you in heaven still

Beauty 



Beauty stems from heaven above
Emanated by your love
And assured by your bright smile
Unending like the river Nile
Teaching me to always want
Your beauty’s eternal font

Yes


You soon will be
Eternally
Sealed to me!

Witney


Where has the time gone?
 It seems like the dawn
The start of your life
Now that you're my wife
Extends to the past
Yet ever will last

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Poem For You made me cry. I guess it's not exactly a hard thing to do, but still! These are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete