Monday, November 21, 2011

I've Got A Real Nose!!!

So I don't have a great picture of my nose before, but my left nostril was smaller than the right which made it really hard to breath. Especially if I was sick. The picture above doesn't show the difference but it does show the knot that was there.

Tuesday November 15th I walked in to Mountain View Hospital scared but super excited at the same time. They first gave me this spray to shoot up my nose... First time I have ever sprayed anything up my nose before. I did a horrible job. I ended up swallowing it and then it made my throat burn and I was miserable. 

They then had me change into those hospital night gowns that don't have a back. I got on the bed/ table and they put the IV in my arm. Lucky for me I have had one before so this didn't hurt much. Then the nurse left and I was left in the room with my mother. Maybe about 10-15 min later the Anesthesiologist came in and talked to me about the possibility that I might not ever wake up again after they put me to sleep but that I didn't need to worry (How do you not worry about that kinda stuff) and then he left. I don't know if the stuff that was coming through my IV was suppose to make me tired or if I was just super bored but I ended up falling asleep and then when the Anesthesiologist came back in I remember him telling my mom that if I stayed asleep he wouldn't even be needed. He then wheeled me into the room where they would do the surgery and then asked me what I did for my job I was explaining it to him and then next thing I know I was in the recovery room. 

First thing I did when I woke up was feel my nose to make sure it was still there (Brendan told me they were going to cut it off and just leave slits there so that I would look like Voldemort). When the nurse came in she gave me some crackers and a cup of water and then told me that if I couldn't eat it right away to not worry but to try to slowly eat it why she went and got my mom. When my mom came in I was eating the crackers but couldn't reach the water because of the IV and where she had put it. The nurse then left again and told me that when I am feeling up to it I could get dressed and go home. I was feeling up to it then so I went to get up but couldn't because of all they stuff they had me hooked up to. My mom then called her back in. They unhooked me from all the machines and I got dressed and we went home. 

This is what I looked like that night. 

I look pretty good right for just having surgery but it still hurts like crazy. I wont bore you with the rest of the horrible details but I will share pictures and what day they were taken 

Wednesday 16th 

Little bit worse right haha

Thursday 17th 

I didn't take a picture Friday 18th but this is Saturday 19th 

Looking good huh :) I can smile but man does it hurt to laugh or yawn or anything else. 

I didn't take a picture Sunday either. 

Today Monday 21st I went back to the doctors to have him take the splints out of my nose. 

I went in and the nurse greeted me at the door and said come back here. So I went back to the room and I sat down. She then grabbed the flashlight and some scissors and tweezers things, told me to tip my head back, and then she grabbed my nostril and pulled. I flinched and pulled away. She then said, "If you don't hold still I'll never get these things out of there." I'm crying by now cause not only did it hurt but I was mad at her. My mom then came over and held my hand while the nurse proceeded to take the splints out of my nose. When she was finally done this is what I found in the bucket I was holding on to.
Huge huh? yup those things were up my nose. The nurse then told me to go make an appointment to meet with the doctor the next week for a follow up. 

Now a little side note. I have a strong dislike for that nurse right now. If she would have told me what she was doing before she just decided to pull on my nostril then I wouldn't have flinched and I would have been able to hold still and it wouldn't have been that bad for those things to be pulled out of my nose but because she was a jerk and didn't tell me what was going on I did end up crying and am very mad at the nurse and when I go back in next week I will let that doctor know how things went during today's appointment. 

P.S. That nurse is lucky I didn't break her nose or bite her. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow...I didn't even know your nose was all screwy!