Thursday, April 7, 2011

First Date: What better place to start.

Our first date was January 3, 2011. Brendan came and got me around 6:15 that night. When he arrived the first thing he said to me was "Wow, you look beautiful!" We then went to his car and we drove to Walmart. At Walmart we met up with Brandon Carney and his date. While we were there we bought toothpicks, and mini colored marshmallows. We then went to Papa Murphy's and got a pizza. When we got back to Brandon's we put in the pizza and then headed down stairs to play pool. To be completely honest with you if it wasn't for Brendan we would have been slaughtered. I didn't hit one ball :). When the Pizza was finally done we went up stairs ate our pizza and then the real fun began.

Toothpick Bridges!!!

We split up into teams. Brendan and I or course and then Brandon and his date. The goal was to make a bridge the would cross the center of the table with out falling over.

At first Brendan and I worked alone but then in the end we added our to designs together and took the Gold. Brandon and his date on the other hand kind of struggled.

We then took the Bridges outside and burned them. (little side note, Brendan and I are holding hands.) After the burning of the bridges Brandon and his date had to leave to go back to Rexburg to go and clean the temple. Brendan on the other hand had something else somewhat kind of planned. When we got into the car he looked at me and said. "Witney I don't want this date to end yet... If you could see any movie in the world right now what would it be?" I automatically told him Tangled.


I was so excited to see this movie that I couldn't handle all the excitement inside. So we called Lindsay to find out when the next showing was and we found out it was in a half hour. Thinking that it would take us about 15 mins to drive across town we left right away. Yeah... It only took us 5 mins so we were there 25mins early :) oh well. so we got our tickets and went and sat in the theater. We had to fight for our seats because we were the only ones in the theater. So we sat right in the middle.  As we sat there waiting for it to began we talked about movies. When the movie began Brendan reached over grabbed my hand and held on tight for the rest of the movie. When the movie ended I looked over at him to ask him what he thought and he reached up, moved my hair behind my ear and then kissed me gently on the lips. I turn back around and had a million different thoughts entered my head like for example. "Did that really just happen?" "My mom is going to kill me" "I really liked that... maybe he will do it again." and  "Did I kiss him right?" When I turned and looked at him again I kissed him and then we decided it was time to go. We got back to my house at 12:00 and Brendan walked me to my front door, where he tried to kiss me again but when I found out that my door was locked I kind of denied him that kiss and walked to the garage. After I got the garage opened we then exchanged three more kisses and I went inside and he went home.

That night I lay in my bed knowing that I had found someone special! What I didn't know that night was that he would be my eternal companion. :)  

1 comment:

  1. Witney dear, i love you so much. I'm so so so proud of you and so happy for this new journey you're taking with Brendan. the Lord knows the desires of your heart, and wants you to be happy. It's so special that you found happiness together forever; you and Brendan. Thank you for teaching and showing me that Love isnt about finding your other half, it's about finding your other whole. because only two wholes can truly be whole together. I love you.
    Lindsey Kate

    ReplyDelete