Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our Not So Long Pre-Engagment Dating Experience

The next morning after our first date I moved back up to school. When I got up to Rexburg and unpacked bought all my books and then finally settled in that's when I started to panic. The night before I went on a date with the most amazing guy in the whole world and even kissed him... now what? I was so worried that I would never see him or talk to him again.

That night when I was kind of down in the dumps, Bishop and his counselor came over to talk to my apartment and to sent me apart as the new Relief Society President for our student ward. As we were standing in the living room talking I heard my phone go off in a right tone I did not recognize, and then ran to the back room and saw that it was Brendan calling me. I was so EXCITED!!! but I also had the Bishop in my living room waiting to set me apart. So I answered it and said "Brendan I'm sorry but I need to call you back in a minute... my Bishop is here to set me apart." We hung up and then I went and got set apart. When the Bishop and his counselors finally left I ran back to my room and called him Brendan back. We talked for 2 hours that night. That night he also asked me when he could see me again. What I wanted to say is right now but of course I had to make him work a little harder then that so I told him that Saturday would probably be best.

The next day he called me around the same time and then we talked for 2 almost 3 hours about everything. I wanted to learn more about him and he wanted to learn more about me. This was also the night that he sheepishly asked me a question that I knew would change everything... it went a little like this. "Witney I have a question for you." And I said "ok whats that?" he then asked "Can I call you my girlfriend" long pause.......... me thinking ( my mom is going to kill me) " Yes!!! I would love that" we then went on talking about everything else we could think of. 

January 6th we talked on the phone for 3 1/2 hours where I was able to recite each of his brothers and sisters names order and birthdays (creepy).

January 7th we are talking on facebook and I ask him if he would like to come down that night as well as Saturday for our date. he agrees to come and then leaves as soon as he could. I ran over to my friends apartment thinking he would be about a half hour.15 min's later he calls me to ask where my apartment is. I told him where I lived and then literally ran home and made it home just in time. I was so so so so so excited.

January 8th Second official date. He showed up around 12ish at my apartment and then we went and walked around Nature Park. We then went and watched Princess Bride. This was the day that Lindsay had her baby shower and the whole family was up so when he received a phone call from Nathan asking him if he was going to come and see everyone before they left. Brendan told him that we would and so we left to Idaho Falls to go see the whole family. Yes that is right Second date I meet the family.



After these most important days... it was smooth sailing.... everyday was perfect. We have never missed a day since then either seeing each other or talking to each other either on skype or facebook or the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment